It’s that time of year again, kids are getting measured up for their new school blazer, last year’s trousers are being unpicked and taken down, and of course there’s the back-to-school buzz that only a brand-new pencil case brings…  But as important as a shiny new set square and protractor is, an absolute essential is getting the footwear right.

Kickers is a brand that’s been synonymous with high quality school shoes for over 50 years, and as any long-suffering school parent knows, these lace-ups, loafers and T-bars need to be tough enough to endure some serious scuffs, lest you’ll be buying a new pair by half-term. That old adage, ‘buy cheap, buy twice’ rings particularly true when it comes to school shoes.

This summer, the brand has launched its first ever plant-based range of footwear for school, which will be music to the ears of kids with a conscience – and planet-kind parents alike. Part of Kickers’ 100 per cent vegan range, the shoes are crafted from 75 per cent plant-based materials (think a GMO-free and FSC certified Viscose) with the remaining 25 per cent being a synthetic material known for its durability. In fact, Kickers’ own plant-based material is said to be five times more durable than standard PU (or faux leather) fabrics.

With a choice of 23 best-selling styles on offer, and like-for-like pricing against the brand’s classic leather range, it’s easier than ever to step out sustainably this September.