400g (14oz) chicken wings | 1 lemon | 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil | 4 sprigs fresh thyme | 1 garlic bulb, cut in half | a pinch of sweet pimentón (sweet smoked paprika) | 3 tbsp honey | 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves | sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the chicken wings and boil for 5 minutes. Remove and drain on kitchen paper for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, zest the lemon, halve it and squeeze out the juice, but don’t throw the rest of it away.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the thyme sprigs, chicken wings, squeezed lemon halves and the garlic, and fry for a couple of minutes on each side. Sprinkle the pimentón over the chicken and after 10 seconds drizzle the lemon juice and honey into the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to sauté the chicken, allowing the liquid to reduce while making sure the wings are fully coated in the glaze. Add the lemon zest right at the end as it turns bitter if added too early and loses its fragrance quite quickly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped coriander and sea salt before serving.